Monday 11 January 2010

Busy Busy Busy

I have finally found the time to sit down and upload all my pictures and type up something that resembles what I have been up to over the past month or so. I have been so busy with Christmas cake orders I just have not had the time, and I am normally a huge PC addict!
So here goes for one long post covering the last month or so...

PRE CHRISTMAS

What with the Christmas period coming I found myself inundated with orders. But firstly I had a Birthday cake order to prepare.

A friend wanted a 'gun' cake for her husbands 40th birthday. I looked everywhere for inspiration for a gun cake design but couldn't find one. In the end I found a picture of a 'Glock' and decided upon my own creation. As the order was also for a gluten-free cake it did make the baking a little more tricky, but I was pleased with the outcome...



CHRISTMAS

With the Glock cake completed I started on my orders, I tried to prep as much as possible, at one point my house looked like a toy shop, with all these little creatures lurking around...



Okay they finally made it onto the cupcakes and looked pretty impressive when boxed up... Just a shame I didn't have time to take a picture of one and my other designs! But then I was caked in flour and icing sugar until 3am one morning, the kitchen looked like a bomb had exploded!


Christmas tree cupcake


Santa Claus Cupcake


Frosty the Snowman Cupcake


Rudolph the Reindeer Cupcake


One of the Christmas Cakes


Thankfully I finished all my orders by 23rd and promply set about delivering the 100+ cupcakes and cakes to friends and customers!

After that I needed a much earned rest but that wasn't to be as it was Christmas already, but still what with fitting work in between I had a really nice day. The mince pies and mulled wine went down well.


But I don't think this fella was up to much at all!


All in all a great end to 2009! Heres to more cakes in 2010 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers